Tuesday, October 6, 2009

The House On Mango Street by Sandra Cisneros

"The House on Mango Street, first published in 1984, won the Before Columbus Foundation's American Book Award in 1985, and is required reading in middle schools, high schools, and universities across the country. It has sold over two million copies since its initial publication and is still selling strongly. "--sandracisneros.com

I know this book has won awards but I was just Confused! I couldn't enjoy this book as much as I probably should because i was too obsessed with tying to correct all the sentences and punctuated marks, and the grammar it was total chaos. LOL! But I guess that was the point because it is written in a teenagers point of view. I just could get into it. It really frustrated me and i just wanted to put the book down after each page, but I kept going,
wanting to know the ending. It just wasn't my kind of book.
Rating- 2

No comments:

Post a Comment